Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions GYMNASTICS' SPORTING SCHOOLS COMPETITION
- The following terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) apply for the Gymnastics’ Sporting
Schools Competition (Promotion). Information on how to enter the Promotion and the prize
details form part of these Terms and Conditions
- Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promotion commences on 8 July 2015 at 9am (AEST) and closes on 30 June 2016 at 5.00pm (AEST).
- The Promoter is Gymnastics Australia Limited (ABN 63 125 115 424) located at Sports House, Level 2,
375 Albert Road, Albert Park, Victoria 3206, telephone (03) 8698 9718 (Promoter).
- Entrants may only submit one entry into the Promotion. Any entries submitted after a person first
registers with the Promotion will be automatically disqualified.
CONDITIONS AND METHOD OF ENTRY
- To enter the Promotion, entrants must register their details at the following website www.schoolsgymnastics.org.au by clicking on the tab
'Gymnastics' Sporting Schools Competition'.
- Entrants must be over the age of 5 years. Entrants under 18 years of age must have parental/guardian
approval to enter and parental/guardian consent to these Terms and Conditions. If the winner is
under the age of 18 years, his/her parent or guardian will be required to consent in writing to
these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion at any time, to verify the validity of
entries and entrants (including but not limited to an entrant's identity) and disqualify any entrant
who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with
the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not
constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole
discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, partners, suppliers, providers and agencies
associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter this competition.
- Entries will be deemed to be accepted once an entrant's registration is completed. Registration
applications that are incomplete or incomprehensible will be deemed invalid. No responsibility will
be taken for lost or misdirected entries.
- The Promoter prohibits entries that violate the rights of others or are unlawful, defamatory or
obscene. We reserve the authority to reject registration forms which violate these standards.
- Entry to the Promotion is free of charge.
- Each entrant will go into one or more prize draws to win an iPad Air + Wi-Fi 16 GB. There are four
(4) prize winners, with each prize valued at $500. One prize will be won in each of the four draws
as outlined below.
- The total prize pool is valued at $2,000. The prize values are in Australian dollars and inclusive
- To the extent permitted by law: (a) the Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the
suitability of the prize; and (b) no compensation will be payable if, for any reason, a winner is
unable to use the prize as stated. The winner accepts the prize 'as is' and acknowledges that the
Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize.
HOW TO WIN PRIZE
- The closing date for entries for each draw is as follows:
(a) 5.00pm (AEST) on 30 September 2015 for draw 1;
(b) 5.00pm (AEST) on 31 December 2015 for draw 2;
(c) 5.00pm (AEST) on 31 March 2016 for draw 3; and
(d) 5.00pm (AEST) on 30 June 2016 for draw 4.
- Subject to clause 27, an entry will be valid for all prize draws that occur after the date the entry
- The prize draws for the Promotion will take place as follows:
(a) The first prize draw (draw 1) will take place at 2.00pm (AEDT) on 5
October 2015 at the Promoter's office located at Sports House, Level 2, 375 Albert Road, Albert
Park, Victoria 3206 (Promoter's Office).
(b) The second prize draw (draw 2) will take place at 2.00pm (AEDT) on
11 January 2016 at the Promoter's Office.
(c) The third prize draw (draw 3) will take place at 2.00pm (AEST) on 4
April 2016 at the Promoter's Office.
(d) The fourth prize draw (draw 4) will take place at 2.00pm (AEST) on
4 July 2016 at the Promoter's Office.
- The first complete and comprehensible entry drawn at random in each of the four prize draws will
receive the prize. Entrants are not required to be present at the prize draw to be eligible to win.
- Each winner will be notified in writing by email within two (2) days of the prize draw using the
contact details provided to the Promoter on entry into the Promotion. The winners' details will also
be published at the following website link www.schoolsgymnastics.org.au
and remain on the website for a minimum of 28 days.
- Where a prize is won it will be mailed to the winner, at the postal address included in the
entrant's entry into the Promotion, within one month of the relevant prize draw occurring.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event one or more entrants have not claimed a prize
from any one or more of the four prize draws by 4 October 2016. The Promoter will conduct the
unclaimed prize draw at 2.00pm (AEST) on 5 October 2016 at the same place as the original draws.
Entrants are not required to be present at the redraw to be eligible to win. The winner(s) of the
redraw will be notified in writing by email within two (2) days and will have their name published
at the following website link www.schoolsgymnastics.org.au
in accordance with paragraph 21. Where a prize is won in the re-draw it will be mailed to the winner
in accordance with paragraph 22.
- Subject to the approval of the relevant trade promotion regulators, if a prize (or part of a prize)
is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that
part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- Prizes are as stated and cannot be varied or transferred or exchanged for cash or other goods.
- Prize values are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and are correct at time of
printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
- Only one prize can be won by any single entrant. Where an entrant wins a prize, they will be
ineligible for any subsequent prize draws.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The personal information that an entrant has provided in its registration form is collected, used
Promoter may use and disclose an entrant's personal information for the purposes of conducting and
administering the Promotion and other related activities across Australia, including providing the
entrant with member services (where applicable) or promotional material, complying with legal
entrant's information with third parties such as promotional, marketing, publicity, research,
profiling and analytical bodies however an entrant's information is not generally disclosed to
may access and request correction of its personal information held by the Promoter or make a
complaint about the handling of the entrant's personal information, and provides information about
how a complaint will be dealt with by the Promoter. An entrant's registration may be rejected if the
information is not provided. If an entrant does not wish to receive promotional material from the
Promoter, sponsors and third parties it must advise the Promoter via email or telephone or via the
specific opt-out procedures provided in the relevant communication.
- The name, address, phone number and email address of entrants may also be incorporated into the
Promoter's mailing list for future promotional, marketing, publicity, research, profiling and
analytical purposes. Entrants may be contacted via electronic text messages, emails, mail and
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK AND EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage,
including indirect or consequential loss, however arising (including but not limited to negligence)
which is suffered or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the entrant's
participation in the Promotion or use of any prize.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the entrant releases and will release the Promoter from all
claims that the entrant may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection
with the entrant's participation in the Promotion (including the prizes) and will indemnify and will
keep indemnified the Promoter in respect of any claim by any person arising as a result of or in
connection with the entrant's participation in the Promotion (including the prizes).
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information either caused by
programming associated with or utilised in this Promotion, or for any technical error, or any
combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Promotion including
any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications
line, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or
alteration of entries.
- Subject to the approval of the relevant trade promotion regulators, if for any reason this Promotion
is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering,
unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the
Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper
conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any
individual who tampers with the entry process, and cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the
- The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspects of the Promotion is final and binding on every
person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winners may be required to sign legal documentation as
and in the form required by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, including but not limited to a
legal release and indemnity form.
- The Promoter may require the winners to take part in media exposure for the Promoter, including but
not limited to future promotional, marketing and publicity without any further reference, payment or
other compensation. The Promoter may also use the name of the winners for promotional purposes
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia and each
entrant agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions GYMNASTICS AUSTRALIA 'Come N Try Voucher'
- The following terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) apply to the Gymnastics Australia
'Come n Try’. By registering, the Voucher holder warrants that they have read, understood and
accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- Participation in the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The administrator for the Promotion is Gymnastics Australia (ABN 63 125 115 424) located at Sports
House, Level 2/375 Albert Road ALBERT PARK VIC 3206, telephone (03) 8698 9718 (GA).
How to Claim Offer
- To claim the offer of one (1) gymnastics session (Session) under the Promotion, you must complete
the following steps during the Registration Period:
a. visit http://www.schoolsgymnastics.org.au/(Website);
b. select from the list of participating gymnastics clubs (Participating
c. input the your details including a valid email address;
d. agree to the Terms and Conditions; and
e. submit the completed form.
- Claims will be deemed accepted once the Registration Process is completed. No responsibility will be
taken for lost, late or misdirected claims.
- Errors and omissions may be accepted at GA's discretion. Failure by GA to enforce any of its rights
at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promotion is open only to Australian residents. Persons under the age of 18 at the time of
submitting a claim must have approval from their parent/guardian. The parent/guardian of the
claimant must read and consent to the Terms and Conditions.
- GA reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Vouchers (including,
but not limited to a holder's identity and place of residence) and disqualify any person who submits
a voucher that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the process.
- Claimants will be sent an email to their nominated email address usually within 24 hours of
completing the Registration Process.
- Each Voucher entitles the holder to exchange their Voucher for one Session at the venue of their
choice, subject to:
a. the list of Participating Clubs published on the Website; and
b. session availability at each Participating Club.
- The Voucher must be surrendered at the selected Participating Club on redemption as proof of
purchase. GA and each Participating Club reserve the right to request the presentation of photo
identification with the Voucher as proof of identity.
- Illegible, damaged, or altered may not be accepted. The Voucher:
a. cannot be transferred, exchanged, sold, taken as cash or used in
conjunction with any other voucher or special offer by GA, a Participating Club or the
b. is not redeemable by existing members of Participating Clubs;
- Redemption of a Voucher:
a. can only be made at the Participating Club selected by the holder of
the Voucher during the Registration Process;
b. is subject to pre-booking in accordance with clause 17 of the Terms
c. does not include any ancillary costs associated with redemption or
incurred by the Participating Club;
d. does not entitle a Voucher holder to any unused balance of the
Voucher, in cash or otherwise; and
e. is subject to the Terms and Conditions, which expressly include
those printed on each Voucher.
- Each Voucher holder is entitled to redeem one Voucher only per Participating Club.
- GA and each Participating Club reserve the right to limit the number Sessions during school and
public holidays or any other peak period, at their discretion.
- A claimant must pre-book a session time with the selected Participating Club prior to redeeming the
Voucher to be eligible for the Session. GA and each Participating Club reserve the right to refuse
redemption of a Voucher if pre-booking has not been completed.
- The duration of each Session may vary between each Participating Club. GA recommends Voucher
a. pre-book well in advance to ensure can occur before the Expiry Date;
b. enquire with the selected Participating Club whether any special
limitations or restrictions apply;
c. confirm the contents and duration of the Session with the selected
Participating Club; and
d. request details of any applicable terms and conditions of the
selected Participating Club.
- GA and Participating Clubs are not liable if a Session is
cancelled or postponed (either completely or in part) as a result of matters which are outside their
direct and reasonable control. The session will be rescheduled to the next available date. Every
reasonable effort will be made to provide the Session on the date and at the time booked.
- GA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to withdraw, substitute, or transfer a Session with
one of equal or greater value at another Participating Club.
- Each Session:
a. may involve certain health and safety risks;
b. is provided subject to the Voucher holder disclosing to the
Participating Club any pre-existing medical or other condition that may affect the risk that either
the Voucher holder or any other person will suffer injury, loss or damage; and
c. is provided subject to the Voucher holder (or his/her parent or
guardian if under 18 years of age) signing the standard terms and conditions and any required
waivers of the relevant Participating Club.
- Voucher holders consent to GA and/or the Participating Club using their name, likeness, image and/or
voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period
without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Promotion, and promoting products and services
distributed and/or supplied by GA.
- In consideration of GA and the Participating Club redeeming the Voucher, to the extent permitted by
law, each Session participant (Participant):
a. releases and will release GA and the Participating Club from all
Claims they may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with
participation in the Session; and
b. releases and indemnifies GA and the Participating Club against any
Claim which may be made by the Participant or on the Participant's behalf for or in respect of or
arising out of the death of the Participant whether caused by the negligence or breach of contract
by GA or the Participating Club or in any other manner whatsoever; and
c. indemnifies and will keep indemnified GA and the Participating Club
to the extent permitted by law in respect of any Claim by any person:
i. arising as a result of or in connection with
participation in the Session; or
ii. against GA and the Participating Club in
respect of any injury, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the Participant's failure
to comply with GA's or the Participating Club's rules and/or directions,
save that the above releases and indemnities shall not apply to the extent that the loss, damage or
injury that is the subject of the Claim is caused or contributed to by the grossly negligent act or
omission of a GA or the Participating Club.
- For the purposes of clause 20, Claim means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim,
damage, penalty, cost or expense however arising from or in connection with the Session, but does
a. a claim against GA or by any person expressly entitled to make a
claim under a GA insurance policy; or
b. a claim against GA under any right expressly conferred by its
Constitution or regulations.
- As a condition of participation in the Session, Participants may be required to sign legal
documentation in the form required by GA or a Participating Club in their absolute discretion,
including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity.
- Personal Information provided when redeeming the Voucher is necessary for the conduct and management
The Voucher holder acknowledges that GA and the Participating Club may use or disclose personal
information for the purposes of conducting and administering the Promotion or promotional material
parties such as: the Promoter; Participating Clubs; affiliates; companies engaged by GA to carry out
functions and activities on GA's behalf including direct marketing; and GA's professional advisers,
including its accountants, auditors and lawyers and insurers; and government departments or
agencies; however personal information is not generally disclosed to anyone outside Australia. GA's
information held by GA or make a complaint about the handling of personal information, and provides
information about how a complaint will be dealt with by GA. A Voucher holder may not be permitted to
redeem a Voucher if the information is not provided. If a person does not wish to receive
promotional material from GA's sponsors and third parties he/she must advise GA in writing or via
the opt-out procedures provided in the relevant communication.
- The Terms and Conditions (and the documents to which they refer) constitute the entire agreement
between the parties in respect of the Promotion and supersedes all other agreements, understandings
and representations and negotiations with GA, a Participating Club and the Promoter in relation to
the Promotion. To the extent that any clause of the Terms and Conditions is void or unenforceable it
is severable and does not affect the remaining clauses.
- The governing law of these Terms and Conditions is the law of the state of Victoria. The Voucher
holder irrevocably and unconditionally consents and submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of
Victoria in which any incident occurs and waives any right to object to the exercise of such
If you need assistance claiming your Session, please call (03) 8698 9700 Monday to Friday 9.30am-5.00pm AEST